Google Translate

Sunday, July 19, 2009

Hack your Apple TV 2.4

Apple TV
For a long time, I've been resisting the urge to upgrade my Apple TV to version 2.4 of the firmware. That's because I watch videos that don't necessarily come through iTunes. As such, anything that removes the hacks that I've already applied would be very unwelcome.

But as luck would have it, after accidentally pressing the "Update Now" button, I was forced to re-hack my Apple TV. It took some research and trial-and-error, but I've pretty much succeeded in "restoring" my Apple TV to its hacked glory.

Over at Mocca's "Techie Monster" tribe, I provided a recount of my experience with hacking my newly upgraded Apple TV, "Hack your Apple TV 2.4". Hopefully, I help to reassure any other upgrade-wary Apple TV user as well!

--

No comments:

Post a Comment